The completely unique, randomly generated Fingerprints are applied to packages and labels. Shoppers use their smartphone to scan the Fingerprint (no app needed; it’s super easy). They then see a results screen verifying the product’s authenticity – and then they’re connected to a wealth of experience about the brand that makes it. We’re talking photos, videos, competitions, special offers.
With the help of big-name industry partners like CSIRO and Agriculture Victoria, Laava are solving a big problem with an ingenious solution – but none of these ideas are easy to explain. The brand needed a way to communicate what they do, and why it’s important. Banter started with a meticulously researched, comprehensive marketing strategy identifying segmented audiences and corresponding approaches. The CEO’s response at the end of our half-day workshop? “Yep, you guys get us. What a relief."
Banter’s engagement with Laava has led to close relationships and understandings of terms like blockchain, DLT, traceability, provenance, supply chain management – and it’s alerted us to the fact that QR codes (although they’re great for checking into pubs and cafes) were designed for identification – not authentication. In other words, they’re not as safe as you might think.
When Laava collaborated with Swift + Moore Beverages and Aldi on wine offered locally, you can bet the Banter crew swept into the Moss Vale and Bowral stores to have a go.
Our relationship with Laava continues, and we believe deeply in their work
What we did:
- Marketing strategy
- Social media strategy
- Website development
- Design of brand guidelines
- Copywriting for website, press releases, editorials, social posts, case studies, email newsletter and collateral
- Design of brochures, presentation, email newsletters and more
- Infographic and icon design
- Production of a video explainer, in collaboration with the good people at Redboat Animation
- Assisting with PR and media engagement
What we continue to do:
- Act as outsourced Chief Marketing Officer, advising on strategy, brand and opportunities
- Social media management across LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and YouTube
- Collaborate with Laava’s extensive partner network
- Delivery of marketing and create assets and collateral
- Website monthly maintenance
- Assist with PR and media engagement